Amigos cambio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Picture of Rebecca Mezzatesta Short doco/ campaign project by Rebecca M - Saturday, 15 September 2012, 09:03 AM

Go down

Picture of Rebecca Mezzatesta Short doco/ campaign project by Rebecca M - Saturday, 15 September 2012, 09:03 AM Empty Picture of Rebecca Mezzatesta Short doco/ campaign project by Rebecca M - Saturday, 15 September 2012, 09:03 AM

Post  Emil Kristoffer Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:43 pm

I am interested in researching and deconstructing shame and how shame effects people's sense of self worth and ability to affect positive change.

Already I can foresee people cringing at the thought of this, as it's not a particularly comfortable topic for any of us.

Although I think it's symptomatic of our culture that many people don't believe in their own capacity and therefore can't begin to enact positive social change in their own lives, let alone wider social change.

So I would like to share some of my stories, even though just the thought of doing that gives me butterflies, but I feel like it's important not to hide.

And I'm going to ask that you share your stories too.

I'm hoping to develop this project in the following format:

-Firstly, I would like to conduct informal interviews with willing participants, (you!) and film these to begin creating a short documentary.

The questions can be open and tailored to each individual, to ensure everyone feels comfortable.

Shame means many things to many people (identity, culture, speaking out, appearance, religion etc ) Getting involved could simply mean telling me about how you've gone this semester with your individual 'change experiments' or it could be more personal if you're alright with that.

The idea isn't that we share our personal stories, hug it out and everything's all good. It's to get out in the open that which confines us and blocks us in our daily lives. To use this as a tool for triggering awareness in ourselves so we can effect wider social change.

As Alberto mentioned, we can't separate these things, they are intrinsically intertwined. And also that dominant ideologies can effect our consciousness in ways we're not even fully aware of and destroy other possibilities. So this asks the question, why? Why are things the way they are ? I've asked that question my whole life.

I would like this to be a fun experience, so I'm thinking about ways we can film other content together. To reclaim our sense of youthful exuberance and to play, as we forget to do that sometimes.

I'm also conscious of the fact that shame carries negative connotations. However, through making the documentary, my understanding of shame, is what has propelled me along this journey of self-awareness, so I don't want to ignore or hide that fact.

In saying that, I would like us to speak of hope, change and action. What are the changes we would like to make. And where are the boundaries, the difficulties we're encountering and what are we doing to overcome them? What do we most hope to change in ourselves? The world?

-Secondly, at EduFactory, Emma Sharman (a young Aboriginal woman from Robinvale from the doco) and my sister and I are screening No More Shame and facilitating a workshop on deconstructing shame in education. I will also be filming the workshop for this project.

-Thirdly, I am thinking of starting a social change campaign through groups such as the Australian Student Environment Network and ESP, using the short documentary that I will make as part of this project to initiate an ongoing discussion about how we deconstruct shame and encourage new forms of positive change and collective power.

Lastly, there's alot of reading material that I would like to incorporate somehow, but am still thinking of ways to do that, any ideas would be really welcome.

OK, there's a fair bit going on and still need to pull it all together a bit more, but I hope this makes sense.

I am keen to hear your thoughts, feedback, suggestions...

Emil Kristoffer
Admin

https://amigos-campbio.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Picture of Rebecca Mezzatesta Short doco/ campaign project by Rebecca M - Saturday, 15 September 2012, 09:03 AM Empty Re: Short doco/ campaign project by Rebecca T- Sunday, 16 September 2012, 12:38 AM

Post  Emil Kristoffer Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:43 pm

Sounds great, Becca!

I'd love to participate and I look forward to seeing how this "no shame" research/project/journey progresses!

Emil Kristoffer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Picture of Rebecca Mezzatesta Short doco/ campaign project by Rebecca M - Saturday, 15 September 2012, 09:03 AM Empty Re: Short doco/ campaign project by Emil Kristoffer - Sunday, 16 September 2012, 11:51 PM

Post  Emil Kristoffer Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:44 pm

Again, I really think this is a really great topic. When it comes to readings, it would be interesting to know where you guys want to take this further, perhaps based on what we've been reading/learning about. Activism, Gandhi, local towards global cooperation and community approach. You mentioned a plan to take the movie to the next level, with workshops, perhaps this could be an entry point. -Also, I would gladly participate- cheers

Emil Kristoffer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Picture of Rebecca Mezzatesta Short doco/ campaign project by Rebecca M - Saturday, 15 September 2012, 09:03 AM Empty Re: Short doco/ campaign project by Joanna - Monday, 17 September 2012, 12:11 PM

Becca, It sounds so beautiful! I love the idea, and looking forward to take part in it! Count on me also if you need any further help!

Emil Kristoffer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Picture of Rebecca Mezzatesta Short doco/ campaign project by Rebecca M - Saturday, 15 September 2012, 09:03 AM Empty Re: Short doco/ campaign project by Catherine - Monday, 17 September 2012, 05:34 PM

Wow Becca! This sounds great. You've certainly got a well thought out plan going on. If your other film was anything to go by, it will be amazing! Despite shame being a cringe worthy topic to talk about if you need more participants I don't mind being involved.

Emil Kristoffer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Picture of Rebecca Mezzatesta Short doco/ campaign project by Rebecca M - Saturday, 15 September 2012, 09:03 AM Empty Re: Short doco/ campaign project by Lucy - Monday, 17 September 2012, 08:10 PM

Post  Emil Kristoffer Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:45 pm

Becca, it's inspiring to see your action for change. I'd be happy to be involved too.

Emil Kristoffer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Picture of Rebecca Mezzatesta Short doco/ campaign project by Rebecca M - Saturday, 15 September 2012, 09:03 AM Empty Re: Short doco/ campaign project by Rebecca M - Wednesday, 19 September 2012, 12:09 PM

Post  Emil Kristoffer Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:45 pm

Thanks heaps guys. Am excited that you'll be a part of this...whatever it is!

Emil Kristoffer
Admin

Back to top Go down

Picture of Rebecca Mezzatesta Short doco/ campaign project by Rebecca M - Saturday, 15 September 2012, 09:03 AM Empty Re: Picture of Rebecca Mezzatesta Short doco/ campaign project by Rebecca M - Saturday, 15 September 2012, 09:03 AM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down